Archiving Data Permanently

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 17 16:31:15 UTC 2005

Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> I'd say that in my situation, if the data is not needed after 4-5 years we
> probably won't need it at all. It's just that we don't want to just wipe off
> a desktop machine clean without doing some amount of archiving. So I'm not
> worry about longevity.

Given the costs of new disks these days, and the fact that disks do go
wrong after enough use, do consider just swapping out the hard drive and
storing the old one somewhere. And getting more disk space into the
bargain...

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Examiner: How does an AC motor start?
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | Student: vrrrrrrrrrrRrRRRRRRR...