VCD copy help

V P list307 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 20:19:40 UTC 2005

On 17/08/05, arnuld fraser <fraser_feb at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  PROBLEM: - VCD can not be mounted in GNOME. In KDE
>  it can be mounted but when i try to copy AVSEQ01 it
>  gives I/O error.
>  can anybody help me on finding a solution?

The files in a video C.D. are not in the same format as that in a data
C.D. they are in the form of tracks such that the VCD player can
understand and play them. To make them compatible to PCs, folders are
created (these are those we see as mpeg, karakoe etc).
Since these CDs are not data disks so we cannot copy them directly. If
we try to do this the operating system reports an error (I/O error)
because it does not understand the format of these VCDs. To copy the
contents of the disk we have to rip them and that requires some
program like dvdrip or vcdimager.

--
Registered Linux User #374218

Minister of Offense, Preserver of the Way
of the Great Llama, Ambassador to India
for the Republic of Loungevania