Sendmail

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Wed Aug 17 21:31:05 UTC 2005

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 02:23:33PM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 13:42, Thiago Amaury Ferraz wrote:
> > Hello All!
> > I'm in trouble with sendmail.. I get success to send attachments with less
> > of 200KB.. but, if the file is larger that.. the message is sent without the
> > attachment.. I already tryed to change the message file size rule.. and
> > nothing.. someone could say if there is another similar rule? Parameter
> > about this limit?
>
> Sendmail doesn't know anything about attachments or how to remove them.
> It would just reject anything larger than its limit.  Something else
> is involved.

I would agree. And something else that is involved is you e-mail
client. What e-mail client are you using?
Or the other possibility is the attachment are being sent but the
receiving mail system is removing them.

[War] is instinctive.  But the instinct can be fought.  We're human
beings with the blood of a million savage years on our hands!  But we
can stop it.  We can admit that we're killers ... but we're not going
to kill today.  That's all it takes!  Knowing that we're not going to
kill today!
		-- Kirk, "A Taste of Armageddon", stardate 3193.0
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484