how to burn dvd ico onto disc?

Peter Arremann loony at loonybin.org
Thu Aug 18 02:16:09 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 17 August 2005 21:46, Steven C. Liu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Solaris 10 DVD iso that I downloaded from Sun.  It's on disk now,
> and I want to burn it onto a DVD.  How?  Oddly, I'm having difficulty doing
> this, even though I've burned CD iso's easily...

Steve,

use growisofs.
Assuming your writer is /dev/hdc the command line should be something like

growisofs -Z /dev/hdc=sol-10-GA-x86-dvd.iso

For more info, look at the growisofs website at
http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/
If you don't have growisofs installed, run yum install dvd+rw-tools
to install the package.

Peter.