Numlock as standard?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Aug 18 13:53:52 UTC 2005

Tim:

>>> What's more annoying is when you turn it on, then go to another
>>> window and that application acts as if it's off.
>>> Does anyone using that extra utility program (which wasn't mentioned
>>> in the message that I'm replying to) know whether it overcomes this
>>> particular annoyance?

taharka

>> Which "extra utility program" are you referring to? There have been
>> three mentioned in this thread (numlock, numlockx & lock-keys-applet).
>> Having said that, I can speak for numlock
>> (numlock-0.1-0.0.yjl.1.i386.rpm) on fc3 which the OP was interested in.
>> The answer is yes, it does overcome that particular annoyance ;-)

Any that'd fix the annoyance.  ;-)  So I might try that one.

kevin:

> are you running Gnome or KDE ?

I'm running Gnome, with Red Hat 9.0, and Fedora Core 3 and 4 Linux on
different systems.  Judging by the new problems I have with 4, I won't
be changing over from 3 for a while.  I may end up moving over to
something it's radically redesigned every few months just for the sake
of it.

I read messages from the public lists.