ATI Radeon 9800

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Thu Aug 18 15:04:01 UTC 2005

On Thursday 18 August 2005 5:20 am, John Horne wrote:
> On Wed, August 17, 2005 16:27, Robert Bell said:
> > Thanks for the info, unfortunately I don't have that in my config file.
> > Here is mine, anything look out of the ordinary?
>
> I don't run a multihead layout so I can't really comment on that. However,
> if you are having similar hang problems with screensavers then you should
>
> be able to just add in the option to see if it helps. Eg:
> > Section "Device"
> >     Identifier  "Videocard1"
> >     Driver      "fglrx"
> >     VendorName  "Videocard Vendor"
> >     BoardName   "ATI Radeon 9800"
> >     Option        "VideoOverlay" "on"
>
>       Option      "BlockSignalsOnLock"   "off"
>
> >     BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
> >     Screen      1
> > EndSection

I found this to be the case on my office machine - the configuration file on
my home box contains a lot more settings than the one at the office. I
inserted the option into the device section, as you describe above,
yesterday, and it seems to have worked. No system lockups from screensaver
mode in 24 hours on either machine. It could be that it just hasn't selected
the problematic saver yet (I have mine set to random), so I don't want to
declare premature victory.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA