Strange behaviour Firefox?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Aug 18 16:45:51 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 10:31 -0400, Patrick wrote:

> First of all, the page I mentioned earlier was a picture placed on a
> free imagehoster. That explains the "spam" filled page...

I guessed that.  Some of the spam was a bit on the seedy side, shall we
say, too...

> To make things easier, I've put the page on internet:
> http://www.moelands.com/temp1/

Assuming that you're concerned about the Red Hat logo background
matching the background colour for what surrounds it, it looks fine here
(Firefox 1.0.6 on Fedora Core 4 Linux with hideous i810 graphics
chipset).

An alternative to trying to match colours is to use a transparent
background within the logo.  Again, MSIE is crap at this, and can only
handle the basic background/not-background masking, not alpha
foreground/background level control.  So you have to generate your PNGs
in a way to suit its foibles, if you want a page that works fairly
consistently for everybody.

I read messages from the public lists.