:

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Thu Aug 18 17:25:07 UTC 2005

Which package provides the function snmpwalk?
I assumed it was net-snmp or net-snmp-devel ,
but neither seems to have it (in Fedora-4).

I'm looking at rrd (round-robin database),
and several of the examples I have looked at
have shell scripts which call this function (snmpwalk),
and google suggests it should be in /usr/bin/ .

Incidentally, how can one find which package contains a function like this?
I tried "yum search snmpwalk" but I am not clear where "yum search" looks,
or what it looks for?
Does one have to list the exact file one is looking for?
eg "yum search /usr/bin/snmpwalk"?

Any suggestions or advice gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366