Samba and XP SP2 no love

Information (Erin Hughes) information at hugedesigns.net
Thu Aug 18 22:48:38 UTC 2005

Craig White wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 15:20 +0200, Mogens Kjaer wrote:
>

>>Information (Erin Hughes) wrote:
>>

>>>Mogens Kjaer wrote:
>>>

>>..

>>>cool knew there was bound to be a typo that checkparms didnt.
>>>will check that
>>>

>>Hm, I should have read man smb.conf before answering; apparently,
>>whitespaces are ignored on the left of the = sign.
>>
>>With a log level of 10 should give you millions of lines of debug
>>information in the logfiles.
>>
>>- you have remembered to restart samba after having modified
>>smb.conf? :-)
>>

>----
>I am pretty certain that samba re-reads its configuration file every
>minute or so making it largely unnecessary to restart samba services.
>That is one of many very cool things that samba developers have done.
>
>Craig

Hey everyone I was wondering if there is a way to tell if my smb users
and my unix users are the same or what they are?

I know where my unix users are and accourding to my conf file there is

 username map = /etc/samba/smbusers but when I look in there there is no users only root and admin. my smbpasswd file has user names and passwords.

not sure if this is right or not? Any thoughts?
Erin