Pointing yum to a CD

Terry Polzin fox3ec208 at wideopenwest.com
Fri Aug 19 17:10:44 UTC 2005

On Friday 19 August 2005 12:59 pm, Mark Sargent wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I know this will probably be a simple thing, but, google gave me nothing
> concrete on how to do this...just wanna install OpenOffice from the
> install CDs onto an install that I don't want touching the net just
> yet...I 1st thought the install wouldn't need OO, hence me not
> installing at the initial install..cheers.
>
> Mark Sargent.

I don't believe that this is possible, the files that make it a yum repo
aren't on the CD/DVD images.  If you had a mirror copy of the repository,
that would be a different story.  I believe that you could make a mirror copy
of a repo say for instance the updates repo and change your the yum config
file for that repo to point to that file system. What you're missing on the
CD/DVD is the repodata stuff.