ATI Radeon 9800

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Fri Aug 19 20:56:11 UTC 2005

On Fri, August 19, 2005 1:37, chalonec said:

> I have a radeon 7200 and my machine locks up all the time.  Even if I
> reboot and don't login, if I wait, the machine locks up.  Locked up during
> fresh installs also, especially if I used non-text mode.  I am running on
> a dual processor  abit board with the via chipset.  Any ideas?

The 7200 is supported by the 'radeon' driver. As such you should be able
to install okay. Having said that I did read somewhere about some people
having to install in text mode, and then run 'system-config-display'
afterwards in order to configure the card/monitor.

If your pc locks up using the radeon driver then I would report it in the
FC bugzilla. If you are using the ATI drivers then I can't really suggest
anything, except perhaps reporting it to ATI to see what they say.

John.