should this list be subscribed to f-announce-l?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Aug 20 06:15:26 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 20:37 -0500, Mike Klinke wrote:

> I suspect that people who are interested in these announcements
> would be better served by a simple, periodic, note to the lists
> that an "announcement list" exists and directions to it.  This
> periodic note should also be sent to fedora-devel, fedora-test, the
> official fedora support web forum, and other fedora-related lists
> too.  Otherwise, sending everything to this list will only serve to
> annoy 100% of those who aren't interested in these announcements.

Yes, this exact thing is done already, and for some time.

This is one of the reasons I wondered, is if people are not catching the
fact that there is an announce list.

> Out of curiosity how many subscribers are there in each of this, and
> the fedora-announce list?

IIRC, I last heard >10,000 on the announce list.  I'd reckon that this
list probably has much more than that.

- Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide