Any easy to install .wav editor, split large .wav files?

B Wooster bwooster47 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 15:31:00 UTC 2005

I've spent the last two hours trying to get any small audio editor - to
cut-n-paste sections of a large .wav file on Fedora FC3, but no luck, have
been in a loop of never ending dependencies, and can't see the end!

Has anyone installed a simple audio editor, just looking for something that
can load large .wav files, allow me to mark in-out points, and cut/copy that
section into a new .wav file.

Found programs like quickedit (configure fails on libsigc++ even though
right versions installed), nightingale (fails on X11/forms.h, but I've
XForms installed), marlin (reports a lot of missing/incorrect libraries, but
I suspect the configure output is wrong, only of the the long list of
libraries is not present, but it would take me a while to figure out which
one).

Anyone installed a small .wav editor successfully?

I did get audacity installed, since that is available using "yum", but it
takes a long time to load .wav files.