Connecting to internet (hi-speed)

Ninad Bapat freeninad at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 17:32:24 UTC 2005

Hi
I am using FC3. I just got a hi-speed internet connection. I dont know what
to call it DSL/PPoE etc.. but there is no modem at my end. A cable has been
connected to my ethernet card and it terminates at at a junction box on my
terrace.The dealer/vendor has configured the same on windows where I have
already entered a user name and password and I just click on connect
I need to configure and surf the net using this connection from FC3.
For reference I am mentioning some IP number field namesin windows and I am
confused as to where they should be entered in the FC3 setup(in KDE). I
tried but could not connect.

Server IP address
Client IP address (changes everytime i connect)

TCP/ip properties(option)
Use the foll IP address
Subnet mask

DNS server address preferred
alternate
All the above mentioned fields contain IP addresses.

I am unable to connect through FC3. Earlier through dialup and KPPP it was
easierb to connect but slow
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Ninad