RAW devices

John Rowan rowan at rownetco.com
Sat Aug 20 18:43:27 UTC 2005

The application I seek to run on FC4 requires raw partition support.
RH9 had such raw devices defined but there is nothing like it from what
I can see in FC4.  The vendor, Raining Data, will not support Fedora
Core, recommeding clients purchase RHES instead.  On their user forum
one person suggested to use White Box Linux or CentOS (his preference).
I tried White Box some time ago but didn't have the time to invest in
yet another distribution.  I have the same feeling about CentOS but if
Raw partitions are not part of FC4 I guess I'll be downloading a new
distro soon.