Time is running way to fast on FC4/FC3-x86_64

Johan Lozano johan.lozano at tiscali.be
Sat Aug 20 19:45:08 UTC 2005

Hi Folks,

Suddenly I noticed that the clock didn't show the right time on the
laptop (an AMD Turion 64 running on FC4-x86-64), so I adjusted it with
ntp and set it up to show the seconds too. Now it was obvious why time
was flying by, the seconds ticked twice as fast as on the other boxes.
Meaning, when for example 5 minutes have passed on the other boxes there
have been passed 10 on the laptop. So for curiosity I downloaded
FC3-x86_64 and installed on the laptop, with the same result. I have
just finished now to install FC4-i386 on the laptop and time is now
running there too as normal as on the other boxes.

Has anybody experienced this phenomenal too or is it just on my laptop?
Should I report it, or is it maybe an known issue?

Johan Lozano
MicroBit, Duffel
E-mail : johan.lozano at tiscali.be

GPG key : 9A9FBFE1