OT: milter-greylist before rbls?

Mike McMullen mlm at loanprocessing.net
Sat Aug 20 22:46:37 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I have greylisting running an a mail server that I also use rbls on. I'm running sendmail on an FC4
box.

I've placed the necessary stuff for milter-greylist in my sendmail.mc. I've place that stuff ahead
of the dnsbl entries.

I thought that greylisting would happen before rbl testing. However watching my logs I see
rejects from spamhause and spamcop showing up. Searching the log on the ip address
used I don't see any greylisting messages for that address. However greylisting is
working because I see messages showing greylisting going on.

Long story short, how do I getmilter-greylist invoked ahead of rbl queries?

Thanks,

Mike