OT: milter-greylist before rbls?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sun Aug 21 17:35:59 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-21 at 06:47 -0700, Mike McMullen wrote:
> [...]

I doubt that the ordering of greylisting and DNSBLs makes much
difference load-wise. Both are fairly fast operations that don't involve
reaching the DATA phase of the SMTP transaction. Unless perhaps you've
got a slow network connection, so the DNS lookups take a long time.

If you're determined to have the greylisting take place first, you might
consider running the dnsbl milter from
http://www.five-ten-sg.com/dnsbl.html, which would enable you to remove
the DNSBLs from the sendmail configuration file and have them tested
later on in a milter. You can specify the order of milters any way you
like.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>