help with FC3 and Bugzilla Bug 161181 DNS truncation

Skunk Worx skunkworx at verizon.net
Sun Aug 21 23:54:49 UTC 2005

My FC3 local caching DNS is placing the AUTHORITY section in the

# dig @10.0.0.2 www.wikipedia.org
;; Truncated, retrying in TCP mode.

Even though the response has all the IPs listed, and no error in the
Header, ping and firefox both puke, unable to resolve the IP address.

When I go directly to my ISP's dns, it is fine, I assume because there
is no lengthy AUTHORITY section in their reply.

Could it be this bug exists on FC3 too? Any gut feeling of how long it
will take for the fix to migrate out to user land?

TIA,
SW