Internet Explorer 6 under Wine

Mariano Draghi chaghi at sion.com
Mon Aug 22 02:39:53 UTC 2005

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> How did you install wine to FC4? I was just STFA and came across this
> post. I see two other posts in the archives of people asking about
> installing wine on FC4, and the only one that was successful was an
> unofficial wine build from a gaming site.

Incidentally, I installed wine yesterday. I compiled from source the
last release (20050725) w/o problems (previous releases had issues with
GCC4)

I also installed IE6 after that. I didn't use winetools, as wine
recently has changed many things in the way it manages its
configuration, and winetools is no longer compatible with it (or the
compatibility is not tested at best...)

I followed the method described at Frank's Corner:
http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=ie6
which is tested on wine 20050725

Regards,

--