snmp versus /proc

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at iesabroad.org
Mon Aug 22 03:06:27 UTC 2005

If you're interested in a good example of using SNMP for such graphs
take a look at Cacti:

http://www.cacti.net/download_cacti.php

I love it and it has made tracking a number of problems on our network
easier (everything from CPU fan speeds, hd space, network utilization,
to room temperature at night getting too high and power spikes every
morning at 3:30)

	-Mike