better trackpad settings?

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Sun Aug 21 23:52:53 UTC 2005

     I have been having problems under Fedora Core 4 optimizing the
default settings for the trackpad when used with 1680x1050 screen
resolution on a Dell Latitude D810. The default settings seem to
move the mouse too slowly across the screen. This means I have to
lift my finger and move it back across the pad to complete the
desired cursor movement. Unfortunately this all to often results
in false mouse clicks. What is the best approach to work around this
problem? I have heard that the synaptics driver should have an option
that senses increased pressure as an indicator to increase acceleration
but I can't find any documentation of this feature. The current settings
I have are...

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Synaptics"
        Driver      "synaptics"