Dyndns and apache

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Aug 22 15:26:00 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-21 at 15:24 +0100, Paul F. Johnson sent:

>>> NameVirtualHost 82.42.51.231:80
>>>
>>> <VirtualHost ctadirect.homedns.org:80>
>>>
>>> </VirtualHost>
>>>
>>> <VirtualHost mono.shacknet.nu:80>
>>>
>>> </VirtualHost>

>> That should be <VirtualHost *:80>.

> Which causes a priority conflict as there are more than one domain
> hosted on the same box and so the first one gets priority :-(

Set up your first (default) virtual host with some sort of catch-all
error/help site.  Set up your specific virtual hosts after it.

Otherwise anything that makes a connection to your server, but not using
one of the hostnames that you intend people to use, is going to connect
to a particular website erroneously.

I read messages from the public lists.