Changing IP address killed on board NIC...?

Ubence Quevedo r0d3nt at pacbell.net
Mon Aug 22 18:31:29 UTC 2005

I have an Asus K8N4E-Deluxe motherboard running FC4
AMD64.  I recently changed the IP address from
10.32.1.25 to 192.168.0.25.  I was accessing the
system under the new IP address from a Windows system
via Samba, when suddenly the connection died, and the
network drive I had mapped was not available.  I
couldn't even ping the IP address I had assigned the
onboard NIC.  I did some testing, booted from a cd
[Suse 9.3 boot] that was supposed to grab a DHCP IP
address, and that failed.  Has anyone hear of this
happening?  The Windows PC accesses the Linux box by
it's name that I mapped from "My Network Places".  The
name was constant where as the IP changed.  Does
anyone else have this Motherboard?  Have you
experienced any problems with it [besides the chipset
fan needing to be relubed]?

Thanx...

-Ubence