Keychain works on tty, but not in Gnome

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Mon Aug 22 22:04:27 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 21:43 +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> I guess what you see is a result on how ssh-agent is started
> automatically by X. It certainly has nothing to do with console versus
> gnome.

Ah!  Thanks for the help: I finally understand what's going on.

I used your reply to run a few google searches, and came up with the
following hit:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-August/msg01256.html

Which I then used to refine my search a little more, and got this:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2005-August/msg00215.html

And that helped me to understand what's going on.  However, why has this
changed in the first place?

> Please see the
> README.Fedora text file in the docs of the package, as the package has
> an opt-in mechanism which is not part of the upstream version.

Besides that change, are there any other changes with the Fedora version
of Keychain from upstream?

Thanks,

Ranbir

--