Linux notebooks by Hewlett-Packard

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue Aug 23 00:16:50 UTC 2005

Hi,
> I can't remember the machine model exactly...just one of those things
> that turned me off to their laptops since you have to get support like
> you say for X but also for various chipsets, etc.  What a PITA...

Nah, that's just old distros for you.

When I first put RH7.3 onto my first laptop, I needed to recompile the
kernel for my NIC and soundcard - it's just one of those PITA things.
Needless to say that when RH9 came along, everything was picked up. It
now sits with FC2 on (it's at the sister in laws) and has everything
working.

TTFN

Paul
--
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the
best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Liverpool we always