help configuring sound please

Kirk Glasgow kirkieglasgow at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 04:33:46 UTC 2005

I hope someone could help me here. Here is my dilema I
installed FC4 on and hp pavilion 4906 laptop. I think
the kernel module is intel8x0. Well I had the plain
vanilla kernel and now a kernel with the hibernate
patch. The sound will not work even though it was
recognized by alsa. Something funny happened if I put
the laptop in hibernate and bring it back up the sound
works. If I reboot the sound doesn't work. It works
after hibernate, but not before hibernate.
Could someone help me with this? I don't want to have
to put the machine in hibernate for it work.
Also this what my modprobe.conf looks like:
alias eth0 8139too
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
options snd-card-0 index=0
options snd-intel8x0 index=0
remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0
>/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r
--ignore-remove snd-intel8x0
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 uhci-hcd