Run ps on remote machine

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 12:52:45 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 04:09, Dattatraya wrote:
> well i am actually interested in coding it in c or c++ myself... can u
> point me to some resources that would help me do that. it may sound as
> if i was re-inventing the wheel but i am trying to learn...

With unix/linux, you might want to learn to use the existing tools
before trying to replace them.  While there is nothing wrong with
wanting to understand how to open a socket - and you can look at
the source code for rsh or telnet for that, it is very rare to
need to write your own listening daemon.  Ssh will run anything
you want remotely with authentication.  Xinetd will start anything
you want on a socket connection without authentication.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com