hp pavilion 4900 series laptop

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Tue Aug 23 13:54:59 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 09:35, Kirk Glasgow wrote:
> Has anyone gotten sound to work on an hp pavilion 4900
> series. If, please advise how.

I spent some time recently trying to get sound working on my HP Pavilion
8650C.  I determined it would be easier to get a different sound card
that get the on board sound chip set working.  I found a few references
on the web indicating the same thing.

Not sure your system has the same chip set or not but it may be easier
to install a separate sound card than get the on board sound working on
these systems.

BTW: other than the sound problem the HP box works great under linux.