Kmail certificate

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 24 19:27:13 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz:

>> The certificate is made for secure.cnchost.com (XO Communications,
Inc.
>> Host Marketing). That of course does not match pop3.dataintellect.com
>> and the warning message by your MUA is absolutely valid.

kevin.kempter

> dataintellect.com is hosted by XO. They host the web site and email
for us.
> does this matter?

Yes, because they've got things technically correct, and they should fix
it.  Some would say that they *MUST* fix it.  Nobody can tell business
arrangements between two companies by the certificates.

You shouldn't have to work around such faults, and most people won't be
able to.  As has been said, there's absolutely no point in using
certificates if they're not used properly.

I read messages from the public lists.