[Fedora] Re: rpm problem

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Aug 25 02:15:19 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth wrote:

>See if this works:
>cd /mnt/storage/RH/Updates/4/i386
># rpm -Uvh \
>glibc-2.3.5-10.3.i686.rpm \
>glibc-common-2.3.5-10.3.i386.rpm \
>glibc-devel-2.3.5-10.3.i386.rpm \
>glibc-headers-2.3.5-10.3.i386.rpm

    This works.  However, my question still stands, why does it fail
initially when I do a wildcard update?

>If you've mirrored the "repodata" directory along with the packages
>themselves, you could actually use yum:

    I don't mirror that because I don't use yum.  rpm has always proven
successful to me, so why change to yum (which I did and it caused me all
kinds of problems.)

--
H | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6