how smart will wireless be in FC5?

Steven J Lamb redhattedsheep at adiis.net
Thu Aug 25 13:36:45 UTC 2005

I am not the biggest bash guru so some one else help me here, but when I was
doing stuff with wireless it seems like your problem could be solved by
writing a bash script in your if-up script. basically you write it to check
to see if your eth0 comes up and if it does it doesn't bring up wireless. in
fact you could get really fancy and make it switch automatically whenever
you plug-in or un-plug the cable.

the only difficulty I see is there is probably a race condition of some sort
depending on the order of which interface comes up first.

just a thought from the bash inept Linux newbie