sasl fails

Anne Ramey anner at blast.com
Thu Aug 25 14:31:23 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>>It's pasted.  I figured since I had to compile a new copy to include
>>mysql and sasl support, I'd compile the most recent.
>

> That is partly wrong. Of course Postfix shipped by Fedora is compiled
> against SASLv2. To get MySQL support too it is sufficient to rebuild the
> src.rpm with a 1 line change in the .spec file.
>
> http://www.fedora.us/wiki/PostfixWithMySQL
I did that with these same results...I thought then I'd try from source
to see if it was different.

> At least it seems your self compilated binary is linked against SASLv2.
> I just face it now: it is linked against 64bit libs, so relevant
> location is /usr/lib64/sasl2/. I guess you mix 32bit and 64bit
> somewhere.

My system is 64 bit.  I was told any postfix source or source rpm would
work regardless of 64/32 bit...

My plan is, at this point, to uninstall what I've got.  Restall the
default package, see if that works with sasl.  If it does, try compiling
from source (again) to get mysql support.

I never realized having a 64 bit system would be such a hassle.

Anne