ssh -X [host] problems

Ben Stringer ben at burbong.com
Fri Aug 26 00:28:48 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 20:09 -0400, James Pifer wrote:

> Well that kind of stinks, but does make sense based on what I've seen.
> The "other" machine I referred to earlier never showed the problem
> because I was running mozilla on that machine and firefox on my laptop.
> When I started hitting CentOS I was running firefox. I guess running
> mozilla on the CentOS is my only option.

There are a few ways around this, but none of them are very nice.
Netscape used to have an option to force invocations to start a new
browser, but this seems to have gone. The "-remote" option on mozilla
and firefox use this "feature", but is of no use in disabling it.

See this forum post for some ideas, if you want to pursue this.

http://tinyurl.com/7veg6

> Thanks for the info.

Welcome.

Cheers, Ben