Net install using base ISO

Todd Nine todd.nine at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 02:45:08 UTC 2005

Hi all,
I have recently come across a net installation issue that does not seem to
make much sense to me. Since I'm installing a bare bones server, I really
didn't want to download all the ISOs. As a result I burned the FC4
boot.isoand booted to the disk. I was able to perform a minimal
headless
installation with ssh using an http mirror. Since this was successful, I
would like to be able to quickly replicate this installation process on my
LAN. I have a server that uses rsync to keep synced with one of the fedora 4
mirrors, minus the installation CD ISOs. The synced directory is in my
var/www/html directory. I can reference it by name or IP from my installed
LAN machines at

http://homer/fedora/4/i386/os/

or

http://192.168.0.1/fedora/4/i386/

However whenever I try either of these URLs in the net install, it is
constantly giving me the error that 192.168.0.1 <http://192.168.0.1> is not
a valid host. I have successfully acquired an IP address from the DHCP
server, and I can ping the host on the network. Does anyone have any idea
why this would be happening?

Thanks,
Todd