Net install using base ISO

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at iesabroad.org
Fri Aug 26 04:23:29 UTC 2005

>	http://192.168.0.1/fedora/4/i386/
>
>	However whenever I try either of these URLs in the net install,
it is constantly
> giving me the error that 192.168.0.1 is not a valid host.  I have
successfully acquired
> an IP address from the DHCP server, and I can ping the host on the
network.  Does
> anyone have any idea why this would be happening?
>
>	Thanks,
>	Todd

When you go to your web directory via the IP address you see the
following files/directories:

autorun   isolinux              RPM-GPG-KEY-beta

eula.txt  README                RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

Fedora    README-Accessibility  RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-rawhide

GPL       RELEASE-NOTES         RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-test

headers   repodata              RPM-GPG-KEY-rawhide

images    RPM-GPG-KEY

Also, how are you specifying a net install?  on boot you can try:

linux method=http://192.168.0.1/fedora/4/i386/

	-Mike