Mode "1600x1200" is larger than BIOS programmed panel size

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Fri Aug 26 06:06:41 UTC 2005

On Friday 26 August 2005 03:43, Phill Wolf wrote:

>   (II) NV(0): Mode "1600x1200" is larger than BIOS programmed panel
> size of 1280 x 1024.  Removing.

I had the same problem here, with a 1600x1200 DVI LCD... my error using the
Free nv driver is even a little worse, my 'BIOS programmed Panel Size' being
1024x768.

You can fix it by installing the Closed Source nVidia binary driver (see
www.nvidia.com) and adding the following to your /etc/X11/xorg.conf in the
Device section

        Option      "FlatPanel" "on"
        Option      "FixPanelSize" "on"

Sadly the otherwise fine nv driver does not have this stuff.

-Andy