Mode "1600x1200" is larger than BIOS programmed panel size

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Fri Aug 26 13:08:13 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 07:06 +0100, Andy Green wrote:
> On Friday 26 August 2005 03:43, Phill Wolf wrote:
>
> >   (II) NV(0): Mode "1600x1200" is larger than BIOS programmed panel
> > size of 1280 x 1024.  Removing.
>
> I had the same problem here, with a 1600x1200 DVI LCD... my error using the
> Free nv driver is even a little worse, my 'BIOS programmed Panel Size' being
> 1024x768.
>
> You can fix it by installing the Closed Source nVidia binary driver (see
> www.nvidia.com) and adding the following to your /etc/X11/xorg.conf in the
> Device section
>
>         Option      "FlatPanel" "on"
>         Option      "FixPanelSize" "on"
>
> Sadly the otherwise fine nv driver does not have this stuff.

One other testimony that the 1600x1200 works and a hint that may help.

I am using a SyncMaster 213T flat panel on an Nvidia FX 5500 adapter
with the nvidia driver.
The only thing I had to do to specifically enable the resolution was set
the VertRefresh rate to 60.0 since that was the native for this monitor.

Jeff