Mouse freezes on FC3

Stéphane Bruno sbruno at rddh.org.ht
Fri Aug 26 15:50:10 UTC 2005

Hello,

After upgrading from FC1 to FC3, sometimes the mouse just freezes. But
it happens on a specific situation : only when I control-click to select
several non-contiguous files or email messages that I want to copy or
delete. After selecting a few ones, when I try to move to control-click
a new item, the mouse just freezes.

The problem is that it doesn't always happen : only from time to time.
And it has not happened for a while...

What can I do tu resolve the issue ? Or, in case that happens, what can
I do to "unfreeze" the mouse ? What keystrokes allow me to access the
main menu without using the mouse ? And is there a command I could issue
at the terminal to restart the service that controls the mouse, for
example.

I am on a DELL PowerEdge 400SC with a PS/2 optical DELL Mouse by
Logitech. I use the default GNOME of FC3.

Stéphane
--
Stéphane Bruno <sbruno at rddh.org.ht>