cyrus vs UW imap

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Aug 26 15:36:32 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 08:45 -0400, Anne Ramey wrote:
> Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Anne Ramey wrote:
> >
> >> I'm transferring from a non-fedora server where we were using UW for
> >> pop and imap, but cryus imap comes with fedora.
> >

> > Or stick with uw-imap:
> > http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/166008
> >
> > -- Rex
> >
> This is what I've decided to do.  Thanks,
> Anne
----
FWIW - I didn't realize how much of a performance dog uw-imap was until
I installed cyrus-imapd - and this was on my own mail server where I am
the only user.

Now that I know, I would never go back to uw-imapd and have suggested to
all my clients that it is to their advantage to switch and most have.

Craig