Nvidia 76.76 and FC4 64bit 2.6.12 398

Cédric MARCOUX cmarcx at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 20:39:06 UTC 2005

Hi all!
I'm currently losing my hair!

I was using FC4 32Bit and Nvidia Driver 76.76 very nicely. Using the
last kernel 2.6.12 (398)

Today, I have decided to install on my computer a Intel Pentium 4 with
64bits instructions (EMT64)
In this way, I have reinstall FC4 64Bi.

I have done the same update as my old 32Bit version (kernel 398, gcc,
aso...)

I have install on the same way the Nvidia Driver 76.76, modify my
xorg.conf as well.

Now, X does not start and computer completly hang when starting Gnome.
I have try livna driver => same problem
I have try selinux=0 on startup => same problem

So I wonder if someone have the same problem and if there is any
solutions/trick?

My configuration is:

P4 3Ghz EMT64
Motherboard ASUS P5P800 Bios 1011
VGA ASUS GForce 6800
FC4 64bit with last yum -y update completly finished

I think if there is no solution that i will come back to 32bit

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Cédric MARCOUX