grub segmentation fault on RAID 1 lvm

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Fri Aug 26 23:03:24 UTC 2005

After reading the various travails of using grub with Linux software RAID
1 I can honestly say that I am still happy with my decision to use lilo
instead of grub.  It "just works".  Here's my lilo.conf:

prompt
timeout=50
default=linux
boot=/dev/md3
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
message=/boot/message
lba32

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.21-27.0.4.EL
        label=linux.old
        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.21-27.0.4.EL.img
        read-only
        root=/dev/md5
        append="hdc=ide-scsi"

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.21-32.0.1.EL
        label=linux
        root=/dev/md5
        append="hdc=ide-scsi"
        read-only
        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.21-32.0.1.EL.img

That's it.  The worst problem is I have to remember to update lilo.conf
whenever I get a new kernel rpm and then run lilo.

Cheers,
Dave

--
When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things bought and sold are the legislators.
-- P.J. O'Rourke