Install message "no driver found"

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sat Aug 27 00:23:22 UTC 2005

Craig White wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 17:39 -0600, Philip Prindeville wrote:
>

>>Tried all of those options, but it made no difference.  When I go
>>to vty3 or vty4, doing shft-page-up doesn't work... so I can't scroll
>>through all of the output.  Sigh.
>>
>>I'll try "noprobe" next.
>>
>>Sure would help if I could tell if the missing driver was for the
>>graphics card or the disk controller or... whatever.
>>

>----
>and evidently no reports of a kernel panic
>
>just out of curiousity - did you run the mediacheck on that boot disk?
>
>Craig

The failure happens before it gets that far, unfortunately.

It asks me for the keyboard type and language, then the installation
method... then tells me I'm missing a driver...

All of that happens before the mediacheck is done.  I've booted with
"linux mediacheck" and it made no difference.

I'm booting from DVD on the FC3.i386 disk...

Too bad there's no way to enable additional debugging output.

Not a very handy message.

-Philip