Cannot access to previous Linux partition

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 01:58:13 UTC 2005

On 8/27/05, Thomas Springer <th.springer at gmx.net> wrote:
> Do you have a rescue cd. Maybe your install medium for Mandriva
> provides this just like fc4-disk1.
>
> (Experimental)
> I am really not sure if this works, but you could mount the mandriva
> boot partition in FC4:
>
> # mkdir /mandriva
> # mount /dev/hdb1 /mandriva
>
> and see there.
>
> This depends on an existing device node and my correct imagination of
> your partition table.

Thanks again, Thomas. Your experimental idea worked fine to find the
(version), but the booting in Mandriva was not successful. However, I
used partially your other idea: I used my Mandriva installation dvd to
rescue Mandriva and now I have the previous bootloader working, which
is simpler than grub.

Paul