Best Update Method

CHAT KHODA chatkhoda at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 27 12:20:31 UTC 2005

Hi Friends,
I am just trying to update a WEB server but I face a
problem , seems general!
Normally when you try to use YUM (We are using Core2),
you will receive a very old offer of update from
RedHat web site and when we try to install RPMs for
other Cores , we receive many dependecy errors.(For
instant the best offer of YUM for FC2 trying to update
Apache is 2.0.51 and MySQL 3... ! .
We receive other error messages when we try to use
sources of these programs.

So what is thebest solution to keep these packages as
up to date as possible?
No need to say that we can not upgrade to Core4
easily.