Best Update Method > CENTOS

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 19:25:22 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-27 at 13:46, CHAT KHODA wrote:
> Dear Les,
> I am interested in CentOS project as you
> described.Please let me know whether I can find its
> packages as easy as Redhat Linux and whether I can
> user RPM and other Redhat facilities with CentOS?

Centos has its own mailing list that would be better
for this kind of question, but the short answer is
that almost everything that would work with Red Hat
Enterprise will work with Centos except that there
is no official support.   There may not be quite the
same number of add-on packages available as you find
in the fedora extras repositories but there are 3rd
party packagers and repositories and you have a fair
chance of rebuilding a fedora source rpm and getting
a working program.  Official updates to the included
packages are available though yum, up2date, or apt-get
and can be expected to continue without having to
repoint to different repositories.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com