SELinux and Squid - Non-default squid http_port (!=3128)

Øyvind Stegard oyvinst at ifi.uio.no
Sun Aug 28 02:05:44 UTC 2005

Thomas Springer wrote:
> Try this:
>
> # /usr/bin/system-config-securitylevel
This box is headless, so I can't use graphical configuration tools.
(can't get SSH X forwarding to work, either..)

> Find panel SELinux and change 'squid_allow_any' in category /Others.
I ended up using 'setsebool', and set the key 'squid_disable_trans' to
TRUE. What does this mean, disable domain transition, in SELinux lingo ?
It works, at least. Haven't tried altering 'squid_allow_any'.

> But maybe i misinterpreted this key. You have to find out. Others will
> probably have more knowledge on this topic and help you.
>
> Get documentaton here:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/
Thanks, I'll take a look.

> Thomas

Øyvind.
--
< Øyvind Stegard < oyvinst at ifi uio no >
  < http://www.oyvind.nu/