NUT Config

Robert Bell robert at thebellfamily.com
Sun Aug 28 05:48:04 UTC 2005

OK, not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've set /etc/ups/ups.conf and
/etc/sysconfig/ups to use the cpsups driver (according to
/usr/share/driver.list) using /dev/hiddev0 When I start the ups service
I get this:

Starting cpsups: Network UPS Tools -  CyberPower text protocol UPS
driver .03 (2.0.1)
Warning: This is an experimental driver.
Some features may not function correctly.

tcgetattr(/dev/hiddev0): Invalid argument
                                                           [FAILED]
Starting upsd: Network UPS Tools upsd 2.0.1
Can't connect to UPS [cyberpower] (cpsups-hiddev0): No such file or
directory
Synchronizing........ giving up

I do know for sure /dev/hiddev0 is there and it IS my UPS.

FWIW, I'm trying to connect to a CyberPower Sys. 1500AVR-HO. At this
point I just want upsd up and running then I'll try to monitor it.