Restoring menu

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Sun Aug 28 11:06:54 UTC 2005

On Sun, Aug 28, 2005 at 10:51:56AM +0200, Omar wrote:
> Hello all,
>   I am using FC3, I customized my menu in KDE, but when I install new software
> I have to manually add the software.  How can I restore the default menu
> structure so the installed software is automatically added?  When I log in to
> gnome, the menu items are added in gnome but not in KDE.  Also how can I set
> my default destop to be KDE?

The answer to the last question is switchdesk program or you can choose
your default desktop from the sessions menu in the gdm login screen.
This last option I think is in FC3 but I haven't looked at that for
awhile. There used to be a switchdesk option under one of the menus I
thought but I can't find it quickly and I am not currently running FC3
where it may be in a different place.

> From MAILER-DAEMON at Think.COM Thu Mar  2 13:59:11 1989
> Subject: Returned mail: unknown mailer error 255

"Dale, your address no longer functions.  Can you fix it at your end?"
-- Bill Wolfe (wtwolfe at hubcap.clemson.edu)

"Bill, Your brain no longer functions.  Can you fix it at your end?"
-- Karl A. Nyberg (nyberg at ajpo.sei.cmu.edu)
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University