Mounting windows at startup

oldman talbotscott at cox.net
Sun Aug 28 16:21:15 UTC 2005

Paul Smith wrote:

>On 8/28/05, Mostafa Z. Afgani > >>>How can I mount the following at the startup:

>>>Thanks, Mostafa. My MS Windows partition is fat32 formatted.
>>>

>>Then you just need to change the options accordingly.
>>
>>  <match key="volume.partition.msdos_part_table_type" int="0x07">
>>

>>will probably become
>>
>>  <match key="volume.partition.msdos_part_table_type" int="0x0b">
>>

>>or if you use LBA
>>
>>  <match key="volume.partition.msdos_part_table_type" int="0x0c">
>>
>>Also, you will want to change the 'umask', 'ro', and other options as
>>you see fit.
>>

>Thanks again, Mostafa.
>
>Paul

    A simpler fix (IMHO) is to add a line like this to your /etc/fstab

/dev/hdc5               /media/windows            vfat
pamconsole,users,exec 0 0

Just change the /dev/hdc5 to wherever your vfat partition is located.
This will do what you want though it is slightly less elegant, as the
hal fixes will autofind any vfat partitions you make.

Scott